I apologize that I have been unable to do any blogging this summer. I spent good portion of the summer working on commissioned pieces, working on our house and traveling. The Uintas, Jackson Hole and a trip to Florida were all in the offing. It’s been a great season, but now that fall is here I’m ready to share some of my woodworking thoughts. Check back in the next few days or so and I will write my first real post.
- Classic 19th Century Chinese stools July 21, 2018
- Documentary on building furniture July 14, 2018
- Marc Adams 2018 June 11, 2018
- Wood Turning with Marcus Reid May 20, 2018
- 2018 Summer Internship: Part One May 15, 2018
- Summer 2018 Internships: Meet the students May 13, 2018
- Springtime at the Joiners Bench May 1, 2018
I have enjoyed many of your articles and your desire to share a bit of your woodworking knowledge. You are a great inspiration for the fellow wanting to work as a self employed studio cabinet maker/furniture maker. I am interested in your early years, setting up shop and how you approached marketing then and now. I find self promotion to be tedious and onerous! I wonder if you have any ideas to make that task less labor intensive…..or, at the least, less cumbersome.
Thanks for taking the time to share your passion with those of us still dreaming about our own career change! Your work is first rate.